• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Big Electric plane show and tell

Suds

50cc
Up to a 120cc size electric now.
Utilizing a custom belt driven gear reduction unit and a Scorpion 800-size heli motor.

I managed to get video of 3 different pilots flying the electrified 105" AJ Laser. None of them IMAC style flying although Alex Barron did perform a number of high speed snaps. Amazing flying by these three considering it was their one flight on the plane - not always easy considering everyone has different radio and plane setup preferences. I was happy that the electric setup felt pretty natural to these pilots that normally fly 120cc gas.

Attachments

• IMG_2436.JPG
    IMG_2436.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 409
  • IMG_2442.JPG
    IMG_2442.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 491
  • IMG_2443.JPG
    IMG_2443.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 375

WMcNabb

150cc
Up to a 120cc size electric now.
Utilizing a custom belt driven gear reduction unit and a Scorpion 800-size heli motor.

I managed to get video of 3 different pilots flying the electrified 105" AJ Laser. None of them IMAC style flying although Alex Barron did perform a number of high speed snaps. Amazing flying by these three considering it was their one flight on the plane - not always easy considering everyone has different radio and plane setup preferences. I was happy that the electric setup felt pretty natural to these pilots that normally fly 120cc gas.

Sorry I missed the flights which apparently took place at my home field.
Looks like a nice setup!