• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Fixed avatar help

ericb

Team WTFO
GSN Contributor
I am not able to load an avatar. I have tried saving it as small as 50 pixels wide which is very small and it still says it is to big. I also do not have the option to change the 15CC title.

Bartman

Defender of the Noob!
what is the size of the image file? avatars are allowed up to 150x150 pixels but they shouldn't be high density (very high quality) images.

I can't either says needs to be 250 bytes or less which is nothing. Says 200 x 200 size limit and adjusted to 150 but still no go here.

Bartman

Defender of the Noob!
what size do i need to make it so it works? my avatar is 3kb....wait, 250 bytes? lemme see

ericb

Team WTFO
GSN Contributor
Still not working for me. How do I get a pic to be under 6.8KB. The program I use shrinks it down to 96 pixels wide and it still says to big. Hmm??

ericb

Team WTFO
GSN Contributor
Even when I save mine at 96 pixels wide, it saves at 32kb. How could I get the KB down?

Bartman

Defender of the Noob!
see if there is a quality adjustment. 72 dpi is one setting to try or just reduce the quality setting to like 60%. it'll still look fine on the site because it's a small image.