• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Help! Anyone own the 104" AJ Slick?

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
Went and got those new stand-off's, the new aluminum one's weigh 29.3g/1.03oz and the metal one's I removed was 64.9g/2.29oz. That is 1.26oz gone from the nose....
And while I was at it I removed one fender washer form the back side of each bolt. I don't know why I doubled them up in the first place, could have something to do with doing to much elsewhere and trying to assemble this bird whilst to tired.

Last edited:

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Went and got those new stand-off's, the new aluminum one's weigh 29.3g/1.03oz and the metal one's I removed was 64.9g/2.29oz. That is 1.26oz gone from the nose....
And while I was at it I removed one fender washer form the back side of each bolt. I don't know why I doubled them up in the first place, could have something to do with doing to much elsewhere and trying to assemble this bird whilst to tired.
Every little bit helps just keep thinking and looking at every part you add to the plane and say can I i make this lighter without compromising the ability to fly. That is what I do now all the time. Have to say I think I built my 50cc semi profile to light, just wanted to see how light I really could get it, it fly’s but I do not know for how long but I did push all the limits.

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
Batteries that were scheduled for today got moved to a Monday delivery. So I pulled one of the 2 cell LiPo's out of another and went to work. The Booma, Tech-Aero, and tail servos are wired up to the Rx. Still have to wire up the throttle and choke then add linkage. Getting there, be it ever so slowly.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Batteries that were scheduled for today got moved to a Monday delivery. So I pulled one of the 2 cell LiPo's out of another and went to work. The Booma, Tech-Aero, and tail servos are wired up to the Rx. Still have to wire up the throttle and choke then add linkage. Getting there, be it ever so slowly.
Take your time and do it right, I hate working on my plane at the field when I arrive I want to fly.

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
Don't worry, no hurries here. Those Monday batteries just got delivered, lol, wonder why here of late shipping has been off a bit. I started yesterday evening and am continuing today with getting everything hooked up and powered. The dual servo on surfaces is no where near as difficult as I thought it was going to be to get matched. Right this minute everything has been hooked up and powered up. Just need to put on some throw meters and set endpoint's for my max throw of 20°. Yes, I am aware AJ calls for 15°, 35°, and 45°, with rudder at 15°, 35°, and max. But I don't fly that way!!!!! Not yet anyway...:spongebob:

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
Haven't made it to end points or dual rates. I got side tracked reworking the throttle linkage for a more linear movement. Then, with the walking back and forth to the house I could not take the 10"+ grass and just had to do some yard work. Rains everyday makes it grow much quicker.
I have been told AJ sells baffles for this bird so Monday I'll give them a call, if they have any I'll order them.

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
Haven't made it to end points or dual rates. I got side tracked reworking the throttle linkage for a more linear movement. Then, with the walking back and forth to the house I could not take the 10"+ grass and just had to do some yard work. Rains everyday makes it grow much quicker.
I have been told AJ sells baffles for this bird so Monday I'll give them a call, if they have any I'll order them.
My sister lived in Coco Beach. We stayed with her there 2 years in a row in June and it rained everyday at 3:30.

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
Yep! I mowed yesterday and it has grown an inch overnight.
All the electronics, throws, and rate's have been completed. Working on the exhaust now and probably will be most of the evening. The green tape is where the two will become one and exit the cowl.

Attachments

• 28.JPG
    28.JPG
    247.6 KB · Views: 222

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Yep! I mowed yesterday and it has grown an inch overnight.
All the electronics, throws, and rate's have been completed. Working on the exhaust now and probably will be most of the evening. The green tape is where the two will become one and exit the cowl.
That is one positive thing about four stroke engines the exhaust is simple and light. And most of all sound good no mater how you pipe it. Looking good getting there slowly.