• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Help! Anyone own the 104" AJ Slick?

I run 2x 2300 A123 packs (home made) each running into their own failsafe/battery sharing charge switches on the Fromeco Wolverine. From the Wolverine, it's dual output Dean's to the RX, to which I split off x2 or x4 20awg JR power connections depending on my needs, or how any amps I wish to provide.

This setup is extremely cheap, 6.6V unregulated, fully redundant and even has battery share. Also fully failsafe to on and provides massive amps (up to 60amps to the RX) if ever asked for. As an added bonus you can charge the packs in the plane through the charge jack switches.
smile.gif
I prefer to run everything at 6.6V over 6.0V for added torque, speed, KISS, cost and fun.

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
I noted on the going flying thread that the Laser ad a mid air. Here is where I will show what is going on now. The fuse has been stripped but I have not tried to pull things apart yet. I think the areas I added epoxy to may be the hardest to separate.

Attachments

• P1090378.JPG
    P1090378.JPG
    478.6 KB · Views: 294
  • P1090379.JPG
    P1090379.JPG
    422 KB · Views: 295

WMcNabb

150cc
I noted on the going flying thread that the Laser ad a mid air. Here is where I will show what is going on now. The fuse has been stripped but I have not tried to pull things apart yet. I think the areas I added epoxy to may be the hardest to separate.

What’s your magic recipe for stripping the covering film? That frame is super clean.

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
The motor box area has been removed. I will have to make one former that is not covered by the kit but other than the balsa stuff that is it. There is still some clean up and trimming needed but I am going to wait for the parts to make those termination points and such. So I ordered the box kit, pants, and gear skirts. One day next week I'll go and pick up some roll's of covering.

Attachments

• P1090380.JPG
    P1090380.JPG
    501.6 KB · Views: 334

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
The left wing is stripped and will need a lot of love.... I am going to need some foam to get these rib shapes and will pick it up when I get the covering next week. The right wing is so minimal I am not even going to post it.

Attachments

• P1090381.JPG
    P1090381.JPG
    425.9 KB · Views: 320

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
According to USPS the nose kit will be here on Friday. I did get a piece for the leading edge cut and glued on as well as the three rectangular balsa ribs in today. Noting worthy of pics yet though.

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
Today was errand day. Went to Graves and picked up the need lumber and covering. Then went to a buddies house, whom has given the hobby up, and picked up a number of r/c related items. And upon returning home I guess Friday turned in to Wednesday as the order from AJ was on the front porch.

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    379.1 KB · Views: 269
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    393.9 KB · Views: 265
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    379.1 KB · Views: 274