• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Anyone out there have a 73" Pilot RC YAK54

Ohio AV8TOR

Just Do It
For your reading enjoyment if you have not already seen these
http://www.GiantScaleNews.com/forums/showthread.php?t=46805&highlight=73+pilot+yak
http://www.GiantScaleNews.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48783&highlight=73+pilot+yak

Av8r RC

50cc
Nearly all the gas-holes (lol, just a bit of ribbin) at the renegade field I frequent, fly Pilot airframes. And for some reason will only fly Pilot airframes, I think they are scared to try anything else. There's 3 73" Yak 54's and one 73" extra, and I think they are all running DLE30's. Next time they are out there I can nab some pics of them for you. One of the things I've noticed on them that I really like is that there are recessed pockets that the wings fit into.

One of the things I've noticed on them that I really like is that there are recessed pockets that the wings fit into.

I have a pilot SBACH and while the recessed pockets for the wings appear to be nice there is the potential for a whole lot more fuselage damage from minor accidents (like running thru the grass at the end of the runway after overshooting a deadstick tore both wing pockets out).... Had the same thing happen with my 3DHS slick and only had a cracked side former to repair.

gyro

GSN Contributor
You'll love the MXs, I'm at the field flying mine right now.
Spoke to Chief, good chance I'm going to grab one for a winter build.

hey Gyro im tinking of this plane for my first gas plane i got a dle 30 nib through some trading i really like the looks of this plane i was dead set on 3dhs slick but my field is full of them but they are electric i guess im on the fence we are talking less than $30 dollars difference so that is not a factor what did chief have to say about plane

gyro

GSN Contributor
hey Gyro im tinking of this plane for my first gas plane i got a dle 30 nib through some trading i really like the looks of this plane i was dead set on 3dhs slick but my field is full of them but they are electric i guess im on the fence we are talking less than $30 dollars difference so that is not a factor what did chief have to say about plane

Well, when I called, they told me they were out of stock on the color I wanted... so then they offered to build a "kit" for me out of various spare parts that they have, but it's been nearly a month now, and I even after I called back to check status, they still haven't done anything.

I don't think it's going happen. In the end, I've already got a 3dhs 70" Velox and 72" Extra at my house ready to build.

-G