• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Anybody interested in a P-47 Build?

Yes. That is the standard engine for this size plane. Seen plenty of dle-55's too. I think the extra weight of the Zenoah helps a bit also. I'm doing the dle-85 because I already had it and saw someone fly with it in the 47.

HRRC Flyer

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Hey @Mr_McGlue,

I am watching your Jug build and I am enjoying it thoroughly. If I may suggest, you may want to add some tape to the tops of those sand bags you're using to weigh down your sheeting. It's not a pretty sight to see one of those bust open when you least want it to. It didn't happen to me, but a Buddy of mine put a couple of pounds of lead shot in some bags like those and one busted open on him. He was sweeping up BB's for months. . . . . . . :yesss:

BTW, you're going to love the 85 in your Jug. A man at my field put a DA85 in one of those Top Flight kits with a 4 blade Solo prop on it and it flew AWESOME.

Keep up the great work.

Thanks David! Good idea on the bags. Thought about what would happen if one busted open. Think I would rather have lead shot everywhere. Wouldn't be a pretty sight. Would rather have lead shot but ask me how easy that is to get in California. First can't have lead and then....it's SHOT! haha

Got some stringers on the fuselage but been busy working last few weeks. Busy time of year as everybody wants to spend money before the new year. Should be back on it in a few days. Need to get out and fly too.

I originally got the 85 to put a 4 blade prop on it but someone said it didn't work well. Will probably try it anyway. I'm not interested in breaking the sound barrier. If I can do rolls, loops and cool low passes that's good enough for me.

Robert

Hey @Mr_McGlue,

I am watching your Jug build and I am enjoying it thoroughly. If I may suggest, you may want to add some tape to the tops of those sand bags you're using to weigh down your sheeting. It's not a pretty sight to see one of those bust open when you least want it to. It didn't happen to me, but a Buddy of mine put a couple of pounds of lead shot in some bags like those and one busted open on him. He was sweeping up BB's for months. . . . . . . :yesss:

BTW, you're going to love the 85 in your Jug. A man at my field put a DA85 in one of those Top Flight kits with a 4 blade Solo prop on it and it flew AWESOME.

Keep up the great work.

Some updates. Work has slowed for a bit so been in the mood to glue something together besides my fingers.

I think I managed to break half the stringers :) Got them all fixed and started on some sheeting. Running out of room as I need to glue the tail on soon so will have to move something around to make it fit.

Robert

p-47build82.jpg
p-47build83.jpg
p-47build84.jpg
p-47build85.jpg
p-47build86.jpg