• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Anybody interested in a P-47 Build?

Ok. I've actually started this almost a year ago and took a break for quite a few months but I'm back on it now. I'm hoping to get it done by next May for a warbird event.

The plane will be based on the 56th Fighter Group 62nd Squadron Maximum Goose flown by William Gordon.

Engine will be a Dle-85. Finish will be glassed and painted with Klass Kote. Since the kit isn't true scale I'm just going to be adding little scale details as things I notice. I'll just start posting stuff to get caught up where I'm at.

Some books.

IMG_3973.jpg

One Side of it.
maxGoose1.jpg

maxGoose2.jpg

maxGoose3.jpg

Someone actually found the original cowl or part of it.
maxGoose4.jpg

The pilot William Gordon
maxGoose5.jpg

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
I'm doing the Top Flight P47 in ARF form, but changing up the scheme. Will have a 70cc 4-stroke single on a small canister muffler. Should sound pretty wicked on high speed runs. Engine on test stand spun up the 22 x 10 x 4 prop like it was not even there.