• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

AJ Laser 230z 73" Build Thread

AKNick

640cc Uber Pimp
Thanks! But trust me it was bad! in and out of focus, loosing the plane, jumpy, giggling (yes laughing!), zooming in and out. ha ha ha!

Awesome [MENTION=3929]AKNick[/MENTION] !!!! I'm happy to hear about your successful maiden.. The DLE35 is a beast pulling the laser.. I'm your position too, once I use to fly this bird a little bit more, and get confidence, i'm sure this will be my favorite.... +1 Waitting for the video!!!!

AKNick

640cc Uber Pimp
Awesome @AKNick !!!! I'm happy to hear about your successful maiden.. The DLE35 is a beast pulling the laser.. I'm your position too, once I use to fly this bird a little bit more, and get confidence, i'm sure this will be my favorite.... +1 Waitting for the video!!!!

Thanks! The DLE35 has been reliable and has plenty of power in my 71" Slick, but I keep wondering if I have a lemon. Either way it pulls that plane around just fine, just doesn't have a consistently crisp exhaust note as I would like, cannot seem to tune it out without sacrificing performance. But I think I'd rather pay the extra cash from now on and not buy another DLE35, just my opinion.

I'll keep working on the video :thumbup:

AKNick

640cc Uber Pimp
Got about four break-in flights on this beauty so far. It is buttery smooth flying, Super clean! Mine has a very small coupling to the gear in knife edge. It also floats pretty good too! Man I was having such a good time flying yesterday when.... I had a brief brown-out.... I was in a banking/descending turn (maybe 60-90yards away) when I went to roll back and nothing happened!! :grumpy:within about 3 seconds I had cyled my rates, moved all the sticks, idle down switch, raised my radio... nothing!!! UNTIL it was about 50yards from hitting the ground/trees, I had control!!! :ecstatic: I then did a half circle to the runway, killed the ignition, and then glided in safely.

Range check proved nothing, ran the engine up, nothing except it bogging down going to full throttle, but it cleared ok. Went home, charged the 2500 A123 battery that had about 20min of use on it, my charger topped it off at 520mAh @7.03v. My Futaba 8FG radio was showing 7.6v with a 7.2v OEM (NiCd?) battery... so that's great. The ONLY thing I can come up with at this point is that my radio had a "Y2K" moment. I'm guessing the glitch happened when I rolled over from 99:59 to 00:00 on my transmitters total time. Just maybe it had glitches for a few sec when this happened???? Tranny is showing about 2.5min on it now...

Thoughts?

AKNick

640cc Uber Pimp
1eb22d247217b189356f2e9c6bd95241.jpg
5104a5a9df47b2298bab4517dbefd958.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bipenut53

150cc
The only thought I have is I hate it when I cant find a definite answer to the problem I had. Makes for a very tense few flights afterwards... Maybe you found a blank spot in the receivers ability to receive the signal clearly, maybe reposition the receiver and satellite orientation... The receiver pack had enough power left, the transmitter had plenty of power.... Sure a head scratcher!

AKNick

640cc Uber Pimp
I wouldn't think the overall timer would have any effect on the transmitters ability to transmit a signal....

Me neither, but it's sure a coincidence. Wondering if the tranny had to think for a few seconds...

Battery connection (deans-deans) was solid as well.

The 6208 receiver is the standard two antenna type, no satellite antennas available. They are apart from each other, but both facing down/away from me at the point I lost reception. So maybe, just maybe that could be it.... Unlikely, but it's on thing to try. Maybe a range check with someone rotating the model.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk