• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

AJ Aircraft 73 Laser 230z

MattyMatt

70cc twin V2
Hey Y'all. I just got back from the IMAC worlds, and while I was out there I picked up the new 73" Laser 230z from Tim Jesky at AJ Aircraft.

AJ Aircraft, http://www.aj-aircraft.com is Andew Jesky, and his family's new company. Many of us have had other planes that Andrew had designed over the years and were produced by Fliton, or 3D Hobby Shop.

The Jesky's are a great family and the absolute best ambassador's to the hobby.

I saw Andew was going to be bringing his own line of stuff out early in the year and at Joe Nall spoke with him about the planes. He had the 73" and the prototype 92" there which we went through. I was really impressed with the planes and told him then... After the worlds!

I'm really happy AJ and his family ventured off on their own and look forward to getting this one in the air.

So as of now, they have released the 56" and 73" Laser 230z's with the 92" coming out early next year.

MattyMatt

70cc twin V2
Here's my 73" in the Retro Scale scheme. They also offer it in AJ's completion scheme.

This is a very big plane for a 73"!

I look forward to flying this through the fall... And it will fit in my Volvo wagon easily.

17257=11754-image.jpg
17257=11754-image.jpg

MattyMatt

70cc twin V2
This plane is setup for a 35cc gas like the DA35 or an 8s electric setup.

I'm going to run the recommended Hacker A60-5s, castle 80hv or 100ICE, castle Pro BEC, thunderpower 45c 5000's. I'll be running JR DMSS radio gear, but haven't decided on which servos and receiver yet.

The ARF Kit is really complete and of very high quality. It does include everything to put a gas setup or electric setup. So, fuel tanks, canister mounts, throttle/choke servo mounts, wheels tires, carbon fiber landing gear and wing tube, and nice wing bags as well are all included. Also, hardware, like ball links Velcro, G10 Horns also also included. All high quality stuff.

17263=11755-image.jpg
17263=11755-image.jpg

17263=11756-image.jpg
17263=11756-image.jpg

17263=11757-image.jpg
17263=11757-image.jpg

MattyMatt

70cc twin V2
The stabs are air foiled and everything is pre-hinged. Just the rudder has to be installed.

It even includes some nice fiberglass gear cuffs.

Lastly the cowl. On most of the planes like this size, they just have a cowl that slips over the fuse. This one actually has a nice cowl ring on the back for a light but stiff cowl.

17267=11758-image.jpg
17267=11758-image.jpg

17267=11759-image.jpg
17267=11759-image.jpg

17267=11760-image.jpg
17267=11760-image.jpg

Whidbey1

New to GSN!
Ive got about 10 flights on mine with a valley view 40 twin, what a combo. No knife edge coupling and just a blast to fly

ryan_m

100cc
I'm working on assembling a 56" Laser right now, but have all the gear for a 35cc plane. Been wondering what to put it in, and the 73 may just be it. But the fuse is so unbelievably tall on it that I have a hard time with the looks of the 73. The 56" one doesn't look so funny, but I saw one of the 73's at a fly in last weekend and it looks a bit different with that tall fuse. I'm sure it helps a bunch with knife edge performance though. Performance looked great with a da-35 on it.

ryan_m

100cc
Forgot to mention, on the 56" one the quality of all the parts is great. Looks extremely similar to a 51" AJ Slick from 3dhs, but the wheel pants are better, the landing gear is noticeably thicker and stronger, and quality of everything is fantastic. Great job! Hoping to finish it up tonight and fly it saturday.