Welcome To GiantScaleNews.com

GSN is the BEST in an RC online community. Less corporate BS and more down home fun. Better conversations with REAL RC'ers. Don't settle for the biggest when you can have the best!
  1. If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

AJ 93" Laser Reflex build/assembly!!!

Discussion in 'Giant / Scale ARF Build Threads' started by Carrid02, Sep 18, 2017.

1. Carrid02

Carrid02 50cc

This morning I got the cowl, prop and spinner installed. Now that the fuse is pretty close to finished, I'll move it aside and install aileron servos/control horns.

Possible maiden on Columbus Day!!!

-Craig

IMG_1769.JPG IMG_1770.JPG

2. Carrid02

Carrid02 50cc

It's RTF!!! If the weather turns out ok, I'll maiden on Monday!

-Craig

IMG_1803.JPG IMG_1804.JPG IMG_1805.JPG IMG_1806.JPG IMG_1807.JPG

3. Carrid02

Carrid02 50cc

AKNick and pawnshopmike like this.
  4. HRRC Flyer

HRRC Flyer GSN Sponsor Tier 1

Way to go Craig,

The Lase looks AWESOME. . . . . :big_yes:

5. stangflyer

stangflyer I like 'em "BIG"!

Very nice!:way_to_go:

6. Carrid02

Carrid02 50cc

Thanks guys! I can't wait!

7. 86jeep

86jeep New to GSN!

That's going to be my next build, very nice.

HRRC Flyer likes this.
  8. Krzy4RC

Krzy4RC GSN Contributor

Looking good! You will love flying it!

9. Carrid02

Carrid02 50cc

IMG_2062.JPG IMG_2063.JPG IMG_2064.JPG IMG_2065.JPG IMG_2066.JPG IMG_2067.JPG IMG_2068.JPG

After the first couple flights I realized I needed to add some baffling and a low pressure ramp on the bottom of the cowl. I got the baffling 98% done this morning. I picked up some 1/4" black foam from hobby lobby and started cutting/glueing. I still have some trimming to do but it's close. I was also surprised at how clean it looks from the outside. I'm very pleased.

Next up, I'll open up the bottom some more and add an air deflector to help pull hot air out of the bottom.

Should be able to fly again soon!

-Craig

Alky6, pawnshopmike and AKNick like this.
  10. Alky6

Alky6 150cc

Strongly suggest you cover up that bottom hole. Makes a huge difference in cylinder temps.

AKNick likes this.