• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

AEROWORKS - New Engine Line up!

3dmike

640cc Uber Pimp
I found this on the Aeroworks FB page...

Aeroworks is now carrying ZDZ engines!

"Working with ZDZ.USA we are proud to carry the new improved ZDZ line of engines.

Visit our website for more details! http://www.aero-works.net/category/zdz/"

If you're not familiar with the ZDZ line
up they have everything from a 56cc to a 250cc beast! here are a few pics of some of their various motors.

db_file_img_13666_720x540.jpgdb_file_img_13675_720x540.jpgdb_file_img_13683_720x540.jpgdb_file_img_13690_720x540.jpgdb_file_img_13704_720x540.jpgdb_file_img_13711_720x540.jpgdb_file_img_13718_720x540.jpg

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
The 180 is a BEAST of an engine. It'll yank a 40lb airplane around like a rag doll, if I ever go 40% there will be no other engine choice for that airplane.

Joe Mitchell is also a super nice guy and is always willing to help out with any problems you have. :thumbup:

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
So after flying the 40% (or 45%'r) over the weekend do you have plans to go that big?

I would like to, but space is a question. Fitting a 25%, a 30%, 2 35%, and a few small parkflyers has its own challenges, not sure of a 40%+ would fit!! :eek:

wfahey415

3DRCF Moderator
Interesting that the carbs come off the back of some of the twin cylinders. That makes for some long stand-offs and quite a bit of pressure on the firewall.

The feedback I've heard on these motors has all been positive. Definitely worth a look.

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Interesting that the carbs come off the back of some of the twin cylinders. That makes for some long stand-offs and quite a bit of pressure on the firewall.

The feedback I've heard on these motors has all been positive. Definitely worth a look.

Most use normal standoffs and cut a large enough hole in the firewall to fit the carb through. The carb being inside of the fuse actually sucks in a lot more stable air pressure and helps engine performance. Nobody has seemed to mention anything about a weakened firewall.