• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Aeroworks Laser 200

AeroWorks

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Guys, Here’s a video of Tyler wringing out the Aeroworks Laser 200 and his thoughts and setup......Thanks Ty!

I really haven't had anything but great experiences with the Laser. In summary, it's an extremely smooth, precise, and easy to fly plane that the average sport flier can fly with confidence, yet with all 3D and Extreme Aerobatic capabilities that would be expected when on 3D rates. I am able to complete clean IMAC sequences, post-stall low and slow 3D maneuvers, and high energy aerobatics all without issue. The best part is that it is very relaxing and fun to fly. It definitely exceeded my expectations and Mr. Mariani did an awesome job with this airframe.

Now on to my choice of converting this plane to electric. I've been wanting an electric 30cc plane for a couple years now and figured that this plane would be a great candidate. I was originally planning on an E-Flite power setup with the Power 160 motor. However, I have some 4s 5000 packs and the 160 isn't quite the right wind for 8s. Knowing from many friends and personal experiences that Motrofly makes some of the best motors available, I aimed for the 5320-300. I chose this motor over the 4330-298 simply because there is a slight bit more wattage in the 5320 while sacrificing only grams more of weight. I also chose the 300 wind over the 330 so I could put a slightly larger prop on it to provide more air over the control surfaces as well as more torque in post-stall maneuvers.

My current power setup is the Motrofly 5320-300 on 2 4s 5000 E-Flite 30c packs in series with a Castle Phoenix Edge 100 and a Falcon 19x8 wood prop. Matt and I weighed the plane and it came in at 12 pounds on the nose with the batteries installed (RTF). With this setup, the plane has plenty of power and I couldn't be happier. The Castle log said that the max watts was 2802 (233 watts a pound) which is exactly what Motrofly says the max watts of that motor is. Max amps was 90.8.

Tyler McCormack

SlowHuck

Bling, bling for flying things.
AeroWorks;14217 wrote: The best part is that it is very relaxing and fun to fly.
Oh, sure... that was VERY relaxing. It's gonna take at least a week and a fifth of bourbon to relieve the pucker just WATCHING that video caused me! :grief:

SlowHuck

Bling, bling for flying things.
wecoyote;14470 wrote: But can it do a 0/8? :biggrin-new:
I think it did! But I had my eyes closed for 2/3 of the flight, so I can't be sure... I think I heard it.