• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Aeroworks Extra 35 CC 260

GasCan

30cc
:facepalm:

I have a new aeroworks extra 260 35 cc with a DA 35 installed and i dont know if its just me but to get this plane to balance i wil have find away to install the reciver/ eng battery up on the nose and still have to add about 20 oz of weight. Has any one run into this?

Thanks

GASCAN

AeroWorks

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
I haven’t heard of anyone having to add weight to get it to balance. Please give our tech guys a call 303-371-4222 maybe they can help.

Thank you
Rocco
Aeroworks

3dmike

640cc Uber Pimp
:facepalm:

I have a new aeroworks extra 260 35 cc with a DA 35 installed and i dont know if its just me but to get this plane to balance i wil have find away to install the reciver/ eng battery up on the nose and still have to add about 20 oz of weight. Has any one run into this?

Thanks

GASCAN
[MENTION=2402]GasCan[/MENTION] did you get it figured out?

GasCan

30cc
Thanks for the reply. I think my problem is the engine weight as best i can tell. The DA 35 is quite a bit lighter than the Birelli that this plane was set up for and i may have my CG a little off. I have an EZ balancer but your instruction give this measurement at the wing tips for the cg which i tried move closer to the fuselage so i could use the balancer but i may be off. Im going to try the DLE 35RA becausee it weighs another 10-11 oz more that the DA.

Thanks

GasCan

GasCan,

Does that weight differential include the muffler? Seeing as how DA doesn't sell the muffler with the engine so it is not included in their weight.

GasCan

30cc
Your correct bigblue

I must retract my statement on the DA being lighter because after weighing both engines i find that the DA weighs a little more than the DLE. DA with J-Tec muffler is around 40.5oz where the DLE with a stock muffler is approx 4.5oz lighter. When i mount the DA 35 on it with the battery pack strapped to the side of the engine box i still need another 17-18oz on the nose of this aircraft to balance it to the recommended cg point. I had another plan of pulling all the factory control horns from the back along with pulling the two elevator servos which took approx 6.5oz off the back then i was going to go back with a dual elevator bellcrank with a single servo up front but after futher review this is going to be a bigger task than originaly thought. Now my plan is to convert the elevator to single servo set up leaving one servo in the back along with using some lighter control horns and carbon fiber control rods. This will be the best i can do with out going to the DA 50 which i really dont want to do on this plane and if i have to add some weight to the nose which i suspect i will then thats all i can do. Thanks ahead of time for all your help

3dNater

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
Taking a servo out of the tail is going to have a massive impact. I bet it solves your problem completely.

I am incredulous that you need over a pound to get the CG right. Any chance you can post pics of the various places of the plane (front with cowl on and cowl off, front of inside of the fuse, tail, etc) so we can see you gear and placement. And after that, one with the plane RTF, minus gas, but hanging from the balancing tool that AW includes in the ARF. Because this is just mind blowing.