• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Aeroworks 88" edge 540

Bbcorvette18

70cc twin V2
Well a deal popped up on Craigslist I couldn't pass up. Picked up a edge with a Da 60 and 7955s thing would be BNF if i was a futaba guy.

Anyone have any info on these things? I know aeroworks tend to be a tad heavy but they're rock solid from what I hear. Hoping to get my spektrum gear into it and switch out the to stock plastic servo arms for some nice metal arms this week and weather permitting toss this bird in the air and wring it out.

Didn't see a thread about this bird so figured I'd start one. Would love to hear about it if anyone has one

wfahey415

3DRCF Moderator
I have the AW Orange Edge 540. Great flying airplane! It might be a tad heavier than some other 50cc sized planes but I think the weight is from how it is built. You will notice the motor box extends all the way to back of the wing making contact with many formers along the way which adds strength. The straight leading edge of the wing allows it to slow way down and stay controllable. It will fly way slower than you think it will. All maneuvers are very crisp. Frankly, the plane makes me look like a better pilot than I really am. (Let's keep that part here though :rolleyes:)