• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Aeroworks 120cc Freestyle Extra 260 due out THIS MONTH (October 2014).

Madinpensacola

70cc twin V2
you're going to need a nice big trailer :)

Ha! Yeah. A few of my "glow buddies" at the field Sunday were commenting on how much they enjoyed having 5 or 10 airplanes to fly and that they only lost about $100 in a crash so they didn't "care". Whatever. I prefer a fine flying machine that does what I tell it and is rewarding to fly FOR ME. Now, that could easily be a .40 sized glow airplane of which I've had MANY, but!, when my 120cc's of POWER hits the skies, everyone stops to watch. Used my smoke system Sunday too. Bad. Ass. Oh, and oily Super-Dri all over the place which collected the blowing dust so yeah, just like glow. LOL :D Oh, and chicks dig big bipes. IMG_2030.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

clarkj

70cc twin V2
I may have to make room for one of the extras. Ive had tons of aeroworks planes. Thats pretty much all i buy. Heres my 2 that im currently flying. Ive had the edge 2 years and its holding up great
image.jpg

3dmike

640cc Uber Pimp
I may have to make room for one of the extras. Ive had tons of aeroworks planes. Thats pretty much all i buy. Heres my 2 that im currently flying. Ive had the edge 2 years and its holding up greatView attachment 31251

Nice planes man! Aeroworks build quality that lasts for sure! Love the tear away graphics too!

3dmike

640cc Uber Pimp
AEROWORKS 120cc FREESTYLE 260 QB - Taking Pre-Orders!

Ok so here is the skinny on this NEW plane! I just spoke to Rocco at [MENTION=3316]AeroWorks[/MENTION] and he has informed me that you can now preorder this plane and receive $100 off! You must call the Aeroworks team at 303-371-4222 for the deal though and I'm betting you must act fast!

Details for this new beauty from Aeroworks:

db_file_img_13242_720x540.jpg

120cc Freestyle 260 ARF QB-L
Aeroworks is proud to add the 120cc Freestyle 260 ARF QB-L to their line of QUICK BUILD - Light Series Aircraft. Designed with the demanding 3D pilot in mind, this new airplane features many exciting and revolutionary concepts that are sure to make it the hit of your hangar. The 120cc Freestyle 260 is the fourth airplane in our new QB-L Series and it is sure to impress with its light weight build quality as well as its impressive airframe strength and longevity. The QB-L features the same QUICK BUILD qualities that Aeroworks has been known for, assembling the 120cc Freestyle 260 can be done is as little as 10 hours!

Along with all the great QB-L features Aeroworks has designed the 120cc Freestyle 260 to be more affordable to match today’s market pricing. We did not achieve the lower cost by compromising on build quality, flight performance or lowering hardware quality. We listened to our customers and achieved the lower cost by allowing them to glue in hinges and by removing some of the smaller accessories such as the Fuel Tank, Fuel Filler Dot, Throw Meter, Velcro One Wrap Straps and other smaller items they did not use. We have also elected to offer the Side Force Generators (SFG's) as an optional accessory for those customers that want to use them.

Included with the Freestyle 260 is an extensive Hardware Package that includes Carbon Fiber Wing Tubes, Carbon Fiber Stab Tubes, 7075 Aluminum Main Landing Gear, Aluminum Tail Wheel Assembly and the New Double Truss Compound Control Horns. All of these features are designed to be rigid and strong while providing the lightest weight possible for an airplane this size. Ball Links have been provided for the smoothest in control surface movement while still allowing for 55+ Degrees of surface deflection on the Ailerons and Rudder with over 65 Degrees of deflection on the Elevator! Engine Mounting Templates have been provided for Desert Aircraft and DLE Gas Engines, making installation simple even for the first time gas pilot.

The airframe itself features a large wing to provide an incredibly low wing loading that is perfect for stable 3D flight! The new wing design also features Optional Inboard and Outboard Side Force Generators (SFG's). These SFG’s are pre-assembled and easy to install or remove in seconds. Along with the new wing design are airfoiled tail surfaces with Optional SFG’s mounted in the stabilizer that provide great control authority even at low speeds.

Aeroworks is excited to grow our Line of QUICK BUILD - Light Series (QB-L) Aircraft continuing with the 120cc Freestyle 260. With over 20 years in the industry, you can be assured that Aeroworks will be here to provide you with the amazing product support that we have been known for.

Helpful Tip! Related Products to this aircraft are listed below. For a complete listing of the Items Needed to Complete your build, please view the Assembly Manual in the MANUALS & REVIEWS Tab.

db_file_img_13243_720x540.jpgdb_file_img_13244_720x540.jpgdb_file_img_13245_720x540.jpgdb_file_img_13246_720x540.jpgdb_file_img_13247_720x540.jpgdb_file_img_13248_720x540.jpgdb_file_img_13249_720x540.jpgdb_file_img_13250_720x540.jpgdb_file_img_13251_720x540.jpgdb_file_img_13252_720x540.jpgdb_file_img_13253_720x540.jpgdb_file_img_13254_720x540.jpg

Videos:
[video=youtube;DdL9Qgs8Opw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DdL9Qgs8Opw[/video]

[video=youtube;lsOMnjpDh44]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsOMnjpDh44[/video]

[video=youtube;pMENqZPoCxY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMENqZPoCxY[/video]

[video=youtube;a9qmkuFBEQ0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9qmkuFBEQ0[/video]

[video=youtube;a9qmkuFBEQ0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9qmkuFBEQ0[/video]

Link: http://www.aero-works.net/product/120cc-freestyle-260-arf-qb-l/

Madinpensacola

70cc twin V2
Okay, here's an update from my end. Let me start by saying I absolutely love Aeroworks aircraft. That being said, I took myself off of the waiting list. Their own marketing strategy made me do it. At Toledo they advertised "free shipping" on preorders. The preorder "good deal" then reduced to $100 off. It's just not worth it. That's about 9% off and I'd still need to buy carbon gear and SFGs if so interested. Those items come standard on similar competitor products. Now we're up to nearly $1400 plus shipping and the preorder "deal" sits down around 7%.
Aeroworks ROUTINELY offers sale prices on their products from 15 up to the most I've seen 30%. I'm patient. Unless they quit having sales I will pick one up later and at a much better price. 100$ off just is not a very good deal on that high of a price at the present time.
Great looking plane though!