• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Aeroplus 35cc / 76" Edge 540 from Limitless Aero

gyro

GSN Contributor
Let the fun begin!

The plane comes shipped in the same bulletproof honeycombed cardboard coffin that the other Aeroplus ARFs do, and this plane arrived well packed and undamaged.

Couldn't stop unpacking once the box was open, so first pic is the fuse mocked up on the build stand.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1400902172.373089.jpg

One of the first things I noticed is the shape of the canopy is a little longer and more aggressive than the 60cc. I like it!
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1400902376.692735.jpg

Similar to the 60cc is the nice vinyl pre-applied to the fuse.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1400902425.542813.jpg

And the beautifully shaped and painted cowl.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1400902469.512793.jpg

At first I thought the rudder was a little small, but then I realized how tall it is when I mocked it up on the fuse. (This one requires the Robert style hinges to be epoxied in)
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1400902552.114943.jpg

Plenty of space to work inside the fuse, and a nice wide battery tray for the two 6s3300 packs!
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1400902593.322150.jpg

The wings are unique, with the racing tips built in, and a counterbalance too.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1400902654.095997.jpg

Also, the stabs are (proportionally) much wider than the 60cc with tiny elevator counterbalances, but there is still plenty of surface area and deflection.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1400902818.465334.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1400902735.600552.jpg

Finally, a very well stocked and quality hardware package is included, as is a electric motorbox extension kit. Nice touch!
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1400902904.369490.jpg

This build should go very quickly!

gyro

GSN Contributor
Got more done. All control horns installed and servos mounted.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1400962118.498891.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1400962133.973442.jpg

Real nice quality hardware

I also received mine. Note the box end does not have the honeycomb, not at all and that's the way it was shipped. Someone taped a piece of standard cardboard on the end of the box which was almost torn off when I received the box. Also, notebox corner.jpgbox.jpgedge.jpgvery small hindges.jpg the size of the hinges, they are much, much smaller than the standard used other 30cc planes I've build. This one is just going to sit until I build my other 30cc that arrived today.

gyro

GSN Contributor
I also received mine. Note the box end does not have the honeycomb, not at all and that's the way it was shipped. Someone taped a piece of standard cardboard on the end of the box which was almost torn off when I received the box. Also, noteView attachment 23428View attachment 23429View attachment 23430View attachment 23431 the size of the hinges, they are much, much smaller than the standard used other 30cc planes I've build. This one is just going to sit until I build my other 30cc that arrived today.

These are the same hinges that are on my 70" Velox... But yeah, the other 30/35cc planes I've built have the next size up robart style hinges.

FlyMike1

70cc twin V2
My 70" Edge came with white smaller style robart hinges but they were weak at the joint, I could push and pull with play in the joint, but only noticeable after I installed them in the ailerons. I put grey bigger robart in the tail and sealed the ailerons. My velox came with grey larger robart....

gyro

GSN Contributor
I wish I had that option, there are pre-glued, except for the rudder.

Well, I'm sure Kole will stand behind what he sells. I'm going to continue building mine tomorrow :)

Next up, dialing in the servos/linkages and installing the electric power system.

FlyMike1

70cc twin V2
Well sealing the hinges will help if your worried about them. I dont know if yours jiggles but mine did and I havnt had a problem after sealing the ailerons. I was worried for awhile though. I kept checking them after every flight

Thanks! I always seal the hinges and IMHO it helps. I still have to buy savox 1270's and that won't be until July, so I'm in no hurry