• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

3D Aeroplus 111" Extra 330LT

I've been keeping a close eye on Aeroplus ever sense I purchased their 100cc Corvus. The Quality of my Corvus was extremely high and in my opinion better than a lot of the "Big Name" manufacturers out there. This past June I lost the Corvus to an overheated engine in a hover and really missed flying it. I had seen the new Aeroplus 111" Extra 330LT online and was excited to pick one up, unfortunately Mile High R/C (the sole U.S. Importer) was out of stock until yesterday! Luckily for me, Mile High R/C is located about 20 minutes from home so I headed over last night to pick up the beauty from Mike personally.

I did not get any pictures of the packaging but I can say these things are well packed! All of the hardware is packaged in individual bags and sorted by location ie; Wings, Landing Gear ETC. There is a canister tunnel already installed as well as provision to mount tuned pipes sans a tunnel past the wing tube.

Here are a few pictures to show exactly what you get when you receive one of these incredible airplanes
10644973_10153348346827986_2439459945971260249_n.jpg
The fuse is well built and very scale looking, it is much more round than any of the Pilot R/C, Extreme Flight, Aeroworks type of airplanes. The canopy is one piece and comes out of the box as you see it above, the plastic is a little thicker than most. A canopy this large needs to be taken care of when out at the field, I'll definitely be ordering a plane cover to help keep it out of the sun.

1914510_10153348347347986_3821096563586199118_n.jpg 10584028_10153348347462986_8670053437006068124_n.jpg

The internal design is well thought out and LIGHT! There are 6 carbon fiber rods built into the longerons that will ensure a strong, twist free fuselage. The pull-pull cables have also been pre-built and installed, a nice time savor.

1003389_10153348347362986_6224900966353252069_n.jpg

The firewall as already been installed and reinforced with aluminum angle brackets that are installed with glue and 6-32 bolts/nuts. That will be plenty strong to hold the DA 120 for hundreds of flights I'm sure!

1898167_10153348347517986_653914883796565951_n.jpg 10380961_10153348347587986_8130870838992554404_n.jpg

The wings are equally impressive, they feel very light and strong. I tried to twist them and saw zero give, they also have full length carbon spars to keep up with the XA type of flying nowadays. These wings share the exact same build design as the 100cc Corvus and I can attest to their strength, they held up to countless full throttle knife edge circles, hard 90* pushes, full throttle washers, and anything else I could throw at it!

Last but not least HOLY AILERON BATMAN!!!!!!!!!! These wings are stock, no special ordering here! There are provisions for a third aileron servo if need be, but I'll be using the new JR NX 8921 http://www.jramericas.com/234699/JRPSNX8921/
So two should do it!

I'm about to head out on Vacation for a week and will be doing a lot of travel for work but I hope to update this thread as time permits so stay tuned for some more pictures and info, this airplane will be getting the latest JR equipment as well as a few new tricks I've been wanting to play with ;-)

Here's a couple pictures with a wing and stab on, this thing is MASSIVE! It dwarfs my Hangar 9 Extra 300, moving it around as shown in these pictures it still feels very light.
IMG_3749.JPG IMG_3750.JPG IMG_3753.JPG

Couple of small issues I have noticed so far, the factory painted both the supplied carbon spinner and carbon landing gear white...........DOH!!!! I'll be using a 4 1/2" Mejzlik spinner so that's no big deal. As for the gear, I emailed Mike at Mile High to let him know, worst case I can respray it black, its a shame because the paint laid down is perfect, cleanest paint job I have ever seen out of China.

IMG_3738.JPG

The fuel tank is super nice, it comes pre-assembled as shown below as a 3 line tank. The cap is aluminum and looks to be a good seal (time will tell). I'm not sure on the capacity but it looks to be in the 30-32 oz range, PERFECT to feed that hungry DA 120 ;)
IMG_3733.JPG

There's a bunch of plywood supplied for hatch covers, motor mounting templates as well as canister mounts. Something that is new to me are the canister mount options. Aeroplus has supplied mounts for 55, 65, and 70mm cans or pipes! They also provide your standard motor mounting templates for most of the popular engines.
IMG_3734.JPG

Another neat little surprise was the stick plane! Pretty neat for them to throw in with the kit I'd say!

IMG_3735.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_3736.JPG
    IMG_3736.JPG
    116.6 KB · Views: 536
  • IMG_3737.JPG
    IMG_3737.JPG
    81.6 KB · Views: 519
The wheels are nice rubber that is a little soft but should do well on most runways, They also use an aluminum hub with a nylon bushing, these should last a LONG time!
IMG_3737.JPG

Here's a picture showing just how the hardware is packaged, pretty standard stuff here, it looks like all the hardware is there if one chooses to run 6 aileron servos!

IMG_3736.JPG

The stabs are just as impressive as the wings, including the elevators! Look at those things! I'll be using one JR NX 8921 on these as well. These servos feature JR's "Slow Start" I can not think of a better use for these than on an airplane with surfaces this large!
IMG_3740.JPG

The root of the stab is reinforced with a layer of black G10 type material that not only looks cool but will help keep the tabs from breaking off during transportation when they are off the fuse. The servo is located inside the stab, this seems to be the common method of elevator servo installation these days and I for one love it!
IMG_3741.JPG

The wing tips and SFG's remove with one screw! You can use the tips with or without the SFG's but it looks like you would have to run the tips to secure the SFG's, no problem here the tips look awesome on there! The SFG's are smaller than most, I think this will turn out to be a good thing, some of these SFG designs are starting to make our airplanes look more like a Tie-Fighter than a Scale Aerobatic airplane so this is a welcomed change. IMG_3744.JPG IMG_3745.JPG IMG_3746.JPG IMG_3748.JPG

The method used for the wing tip attachment is genius! One screw holds the leading edge in place while the hooks lock the rear into position. There is also a magnet that helps align everything making installation a snap.

IMG_3747.JPG

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Definitely going to be keeping a close eye on your thread. I'm always looking for sumthun different. Looking forward to your progress.

Bhughes

70cc twin V2
Replacement parts of some basic parts are available. And I'm pretty sure aeroplus has the free wood program for smashed planes as well. A friend of mine smashed his fuse said screw the rest. I ordered a new fuse from my local dealer on his next shipment. Had to wait 6 months but got a new plane for 350$ can lol