• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Discussion Advice from those in the know...

Bushwacker

3DRCF Moderator
Well fellas Im stuck on which plane to get. Same old thing from guys like me with limited experience. I have only flown a few different planes which are listed in my sig. So before diving into a new project I like getting the heads up from all you guys first. So far it has panned out really well for me doing this. So here's what Im looking at...

Please keep in mind these will all be electric versions.

And the winner was the Aerobeez 70" Slick Pro

What Im looking for is your thoughts on experience with plane from build to flying. Maybe some recommendations on setups and such. I like the Motrolfly/FTW Gecko combo and my little EF 48" Extra 300 EXP runs the stock 2814/820 Outrunner with Airboss 45A Esc on ChinaHobby 4S - 30C 2700's. This setup has been pretty good, but the motor feels a bit sluggish down low on the throttle. Would like it to be a bit more snappy. Other than that it's great. Lastly, I would like to switch from Hitec to Savox on this next build. I have been hearing and reading very positive things on these servos. I've had some experience with Savox, however it's been on Heli's and they worked great. So there it is guy's and girls any and all info you feel like sharing would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks much ----------> Bush :)

Last edited by a moderator:

3dNater

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
Those are all good planes. I don't think you could go too far wrong with any of them. What are the strongest metrics for you that could help you choose?

Bloosee

70cc twin V2
You're mixing different classes together. 60 inchers up to 78 inch.
Since you are looking at electric only, might want to consider the new Aerobeez 70 Slick Pro, it's built strictly for electric power, no "electric conversion" necessary. I've got one sitting in the box waiting until I get parts, its a beautiful plane, but if you are looking for a precision flying it might be the wrong choice.

Bushwacker

3DRCF Moderator
A good airframe that will do precision as well as 3D or atleast close to it. Be nice if the plane was just as stable down slow low as it is at faster speeds. I know I have some smaller planes in there, but the more I think about it the more I think I would like to stick with 6S maybe even go up to 12S I would keep the battery count down as well as not having to keep so many different size batteries around. I would be able to share the 6S packs with my Heli's. Then again I have a 4S plane now guess I could entertain the thought of having an 8S bird.
[MENTION=2902]Bloosee[/MENTION] I do like the Aerobeez. That Slick Pro is very cool, As you know EF has some new purpose built Extras now as well.

anyway not sure how much the above info helped you guys out or not.

3dNater

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
If you want something good at precision and 3d you have to put the new AJ Laser in the mix.

Bipenut53

150cc
I run both of my EF 60" EXP's (Extra and Edge 540) on 6s 5000mha 35c with the Torque 4016/500 and Airboss 80amp esc. Good flight times and great power, speed and precision and 3D. Dont know much about the other planes you have listed

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
May I ask why the switch from Hitec to Savox?

I would take a peek at the 70" Aerobeez Slick. Most say it can't do precision but it stops when you stop moving the sticks- don't know what's more precise than that? I'm getting anxious to put mine up in the air...

Last edited by a moderator:

Bushwacker

3DRCF Moderator
Not really switching from one side to the other just want to try them for myself is all. For the most part my Hitec's have been great only ever had one bad one out of box. Can't gain experience if you don't try other things bud. I am very interested in what you review will be on your new build of that bird. You are going to post one right?