• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Rave A 123 Battery

I use nothing but A-123's now in my big planes. I'm getting ready to start a new plane soon so i thought it would be a good idea to cycle my new battery's .
I got them from Tailgraggerrc.com about a year and a half ago. they were fully charged at that time.
Today I started my cycle and found the under a 700ma load they still showed 6.54v. that's 18 months holding a charge.
This is why I love these batteries. They hold there charge forever and you can charge up to 10amp. I will post later on the cycle. I'm doing it twice so I'll have the numbers tomorrow. Dennis

Last edited by a moderator:
Finished up the cycling. the battery's tested out at 2375ma after cycling them. Everything is ready. Just waiting now for the rest of the stuff to get here. dennis

gyro

GSN Contributor
sweet! they held a chage for 18 months and came our working fine... that is quality right there!