• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

93" AJ Laser header problem

I need some help, guys. The attached pictures show the problem. This is a MTW TD 120k Canister with the DA 70 Y Header. I purchased both from DA and told them it was for the 93 AJ Laser and that requires 90mm drop; DA is familiar with the kit. These canister mounts are provided in the kit. There's approximately 7mm mis-match header to muffler, and I'm looking for a suggestion about how to fix the problem. Should I re-work the ply canister mounts to make up the difference, or should I ask DA to re-bend the header so it fits?

Has anyone else had this problem?

header misfit.jpg
header misfit 2.jpg

mnfatboy

50cc
Looks to me the quick fix would be to modify the ply mount. The header pipe looks to be the same as what I'm running but I went with the pro flow canister.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    87.5 KB · Views: 460

Bhughes

70cc twin V2
Yeah it's either spend an hour moving the mount of take it to s welder and have him shorten the height. Much cheaper the first option.

seals313

30cc
that's strange I have all the same equipment and I did not have to do any of that. I will pull my cowl and see if I can measure the drop on mine. I also dis not have to modify that front former like you did either. strange I think I would call DA cause it seems short as well. Is you spinner gap correct?

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Had similar problem because of the plane. A solution is being worked on for many planes that support header canister combinations but fall short ;).