• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

91" Yak Thoughts

gyro

GSN Contributor
Joe,

Beginning at Dallas FLI, and continuing at SEFF, you've had some time to fly the developmental version of the new 3dhs Yak-55. While we know it's still in development, and stands to change some before the final production version is approved, could you talk a little about you thoughts on the airplane? What you felt was different about it from some of the other airplanes you've flown?

Obviously for me, my flight on it was very short, and at high altitdude. However, I did feel like it did pop-tops, KE spins, and harrier really well. It was impressive to me how easy it was to enter the KE spin, and also the amount of rotations in the pop top even with the long tail moment. My biggest suprise was how "fast" it felt. It seemed to really get up and go when mashing the throttle. I really liked it.

Thanks Joe!

-Gary

Manta

70cc twin V2
Perscribed!!! Yak be sexy. Edge too but yak may be sexyiest of all the newcomers so far. :)