• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

91" Extreme Flight Extra

Flyingjon

70cc twin V2
Well, after much thought and consideration I bought myself one of these birds! It's a used one with 30 flights on it, setup with DA 70 and ES pipes. It has Savox 1270s on all control surfaces and a 1256, I believe, on the throttle. Really looking looking forward to picking it up next Saturday.

Thoughts or suggestions on the setup? Things I should check with it being a used airframe?

Flyingjon

70cc twin V2
I've been setting the throws up and getting the geometry right on this plane I picked up yesterday.
What kind of expo are most of you running on 3D rates? Low rates?
I'm getting 60° out of the ailerons and elevator, and about 45° on the rudder. The lines are crossed on the pull pull cables. Is this right? They seem to be snug when centered but loosen up at full deflection. This tells me the geometry is messy up somewhere.

Phil.Griffin

70cc twin V2
About 40% expo, and bevel to bevel throws. No need for low and medium rates. ;-)
And it's fairly common, on my planes anyway, for the pull-pull cables to slacken up some at full deflection .