• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

70cc PAU Extra 300SP build...

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Terry would you elaborate more on the soldering iron with the exacto blade. Did you make it or was it purchased.
Nice looking plane is it the 50/60cc size plane from Pau. Interested in the plane with 70cc size plane easy to transport.

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
Hobby lobby has it in sioux falls.

Interesting, I looked there last year, did not. Thanks:way_to_go:

The soldering iron with the blade is a cheap iron I bought with multiple tips. I use this one just for covering. A small torch works well also to just heat up your normal knife blade.

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
The soldering iron with the blade is a cheap iron I bought with multiple tips. I use this one just for covering. A small torch works well also to just heat up your normal knife blade.
A cheap soldering iron is a great tool to have around for all sorts of things. I have one I made several different tips for for things like removing Robart style hinges and heating up Loctited bolts in my helicopters. I also have some tips for making a flush rivets. And nothing beats a cheap soldering gun for making the seat belt holes in car carpeting. ;)

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
So I got the 70cc Extra wrapped up today and am astonished at the weight!!! 17lb 1oz without batteries!!!! Absolutely crazy stupid fun this will be with a DA70 up front!!!!
Electronics were installed and organized, I opened up a slot on the bottom and installed a low pressure lip to suck air out of the fuse for added cooling.
Gear cuffs and wheel pants were installed. Prop drilled and spinner installed. I may paint the spinner at some time but it looks good for now and I had it on hand. It is a 4" ultimate No-Limitz spinner from www.flypau.com
image010.jpg

Attachments

• image001.jpg
    image001.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 436
  • image002.jpg
    image002.jpg
    104.3 KB · Views: 457
  • image003.jpg
    image003.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 471
  • image004.jpg
    image004.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 462
  • image005.jpg
    image005.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 467
  • image006.jpg
    image006.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 483
  • image007.jpg
    image007.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 429
  • image008.jpg
    image008.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 420
  • image009.jpg
    image009.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 432

Flyingjon

70cc twin V2
That's gonna be a rocket! My EF extra with the same motor ways in at 21 lbs with headers and ES pipes. What size of batts are you running? I bought mine used set up with a pair of 3300mah packs and they seem a bit much for the 3-4 flights I usually get in in an average evening.

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
That's gonna be a rocket! My EF extra with the same motor ways in at 21 lbs with headers and ES pipes. What size of batts are you running? I bought mine used set up with a pair of 3300mah packs and they seem a bit much for the 3-4 flights I usually get in in an average evening.

I know, my EF 91 with a 70 came in just under 21lbs. as well. I'm running Pulse 2550, good for 3-4 flights with 40% remaining. That's what I'm running in my EF 90cc MXS as well.

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
I'd like to know your opinion of both planes once you've got some time on this one because @ericrs has the PAU and I have the EF.

I just sold my 91" EF and had over 300 flights on it so I can give you a pretty good comparison when Spring comes:yesss:.

First just the weight will make a crazy difference with this power plant!!! I will also tell you that I made custom one-off wings for my EF and it fit my flying style much more as I increased the wingspan to 94", changed the chord and airfoils to my liking. Nothing wrong with their design I just modified it a tad after some rashing took place.

I know the EF is the next closest competition for this plane so I will also say the structural design is pretty equal, wing build and design are both great, although I prefer the airfoil of the PAU. Stabs are larger on the EF but the PAU may be better for precision. As the video on my first post shows the PAU can run with the best of them on roll rate and authority. So, the comparison between the two will be highly subject to pilots preference.