• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

60cc Aeroworks Sport Cub.

Tseres

150cc
That is a happy face.
icon_smile.gif

Super08

70cc twin V2
Still coming together. The exhaust and engine are in for good with Loctite and in the case of the exhaust with some Nordlocks. I also have the throttle set up completed as well as the ignition. Next I will get the ignition shut off in and plum the fuel tank. Then I can put on the choke linkage and put the cowl on for good.
IMG_0687.JPG

IMG_0684.JPG

IMG_0685.JPG

IMG_0686.JPG

Super08

70cc twin V2
Here are my mornings efforts. The tank is in and plumbed. The cowl is on for good now and I drilled out one of the simulated bolts on the cowl to insert a screwdriver for tuning. The ignition shut off is installed behind the instrument panel on a shelf an well as the ignition battery. I ran the led to the panel. The fuel filler is accessed by opening the pilot door as are the switches. The switches are 100% solid state and are activated magnetically. The ignition switch is a 10 amp and the RX switch is a 20 amp. I still need to put a Deans on the RX switch and dual JR output leads. he fuel tank is a 24oz so it should be good for some nice long flights. The RX and battery are just strapped in for now until I check the balance. 

Next up is to install the elevator servos, horizontal stabs and rig the flying wires. Then about all that will be left is to install the gear.

IMG_0696.JPG
IMG_0693.JPG

IMG_0694.JPG
IMG_0695.JPG
IMG_0700.JPG

IMG_0688.JPG
IMG_0690.JPG
IMG_0697.JPG
IMG_0698.JPG
IMG_0691.JPG

Super08

70cc twin V2
Well it is pretty well done. All that is left is to balance it, apply the graphics and screw the windscreen back down.

I took a picture to show what the magnetic switches look like turned on. I did a quick alignment of the tail with the wing tube. i will finalize it when I put the wings on. I ran the wires for the ailerons and flaps through some loom and ran them up to the wing openings. Good thing both windows open and latch open plus the door opens. It might be fun reaching up inside to hook them up. Tail wheel was a surprise, it is a 2" wheel.

The wheels that I bought to give it more of a bush plane look. The are much larger than the factory ones. The yellow is light so I will paint them to match the covering. A plane like this just has to have a nice wood grain laminated prop.

IMG_0703.JPG
IMG_0704.JPG
IMG_0705.JPG
IMG_0706.JPG
IMG_0707.JPG
IMG_0708.JPG
IMG_0709.JPG
IMG_0710.JPG
IMG_0711.JPG

Super08

70cc twin V2
No I bought it from Aeroworks.

I did a quick check on the balance without the wings on and it was almost dead on. That means with the wings it will be tail heavy so I have gone ahead and moved the battery forward and placed it in front of the tank under the panel.

I also painted the hub caps and they came out nice. While the paint was still wet I rubbed it off of the black letters so I wouldn't have to re paint them as well.

I am going out flying today, Shawn and I are having a slimer day at the field. So not much will happen until later on.