• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Sport 50CC AMR STICK THREAD

Should I Do A Build Thread On My 50cc AMR Stick

• YES, DEFINITELY

Votes: 17 89.5%
  • YES, BUT ONLY IF IT TAKES LESS THAN A YEAR. . . . LOL

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • MAY BE INTERESTING

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NO, TOO BORING

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

HRRC Flyer

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Well, as my luck would have it, I have jinxed myself again by talking about working on my plane because my plans have been foiled yet again. I am sure you guys are tired of all my excuses by now, so I apologize. Unfortunately, work will keep me from starting on my stick like I so despirately want to . . . . . :cryin: What I don't know is for how long. When I started this thread, I said I was looking forward to a spring maiden. I guess I should be glad I did not clarify what year. . . :laughing:. At least I can still joke about it even though I am not the happiest person at this point. Se la vie.

Last edited:

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Bottom line is do you have something to fly. I can build all winter but as soon spring arrives and I can get out to fly, all my building plans go to ******. All I do is maintenance, repairs and any necessary to keep as many of my planes in the air. Some times I may do some building only if there is several day of rain or wind but still hard to do.

HRRC Flyer

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Just in case there are a few stragglers who haven't abandoned this sinking ship, I'll post this update.

I still haven't touched my Stick (or any other plane for that matter). Work still has me tied up and will continue to do so for the foreseeable future. This month is hopeless and July doesn't look much better. I haven't even been able to go to my Buddy's shop on Monday nights for our weekly gathering and that is sad. Hopefully, work will slow down some time this summer so I can get some building done when it gets too hot to fly.

For those of you who are checking in from time to time, thanks for sticking with me.

Bartman

Defender of the Noob!
"stick"ing with you? was that a kit-building pun???

:dancing-chicken:

i can't s**t done either so not a problem as far as I'm concerned!

HRRC Flyer

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Good morning Gents,

Believe it or not, I am officially considering the Construction of my AMR Stick started. I am so excited, I cannot stand myself. . . . .:brian-banana:. I was so pumped last night when I got home that I don't think I closed my eyes until about 2:00am. . . :LOL_gif: . Even though I didn't be actually put any glue to wood. I spent about two hours making sure the building table in my Buddy's shop was good and level. We had to add a center brace on one side because it was sagging slightly, but now we are good to go. . . . . :yesss:. We also need to add some corner braces to help make it a little more rigid, but that's easy and I'll take care of that next week.

In preparation for starting, I went to the LHS last Friday and bought two new bottles of CA and some more sand paper rolls for my sanding bars. I also found an AWESOME deal on the little sanding drums for Dremel tools. They are all 80 grit and I got 20 1/8" drums, 20 3/16" drums and 20 1/4" drums plus the spindles for $10.00 to my door. I also f found 100 reinforced cut off wheels with two spindles for $15.00 delivered.

Next Monday night, I will start putting glue to wood and I will post with some actual progress a little later next week. Stay tuned fellas, and thanks for sticking with me.

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
Glad to hear your getting the ball rolling.

My favorite CA of all time was Hot Stuff from Satellite City from back in the day. CA worked better back then in my opinion, one that's shared by others I know that have been at it a while. You can always tell a guy that's been around for a long time when they talk about "Hot Stuffing" things.;)

HRRC Flyer

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
I have only used Zap CA's in the past, so that's what I got. My LHS caries both Zap and Bob Smith's CA, but he only had 1/2 oz. bottles of the Bob Smith Friday. I may have to try it some time. Maybe I will on my Laser Restoration after I get my Stick done.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
I have only used Zap CA's in the past, so that's what I got. My LHS caries both Zap and Bob Smith's CA, but he only had 1/2 oz. bottles of the Bob Smith Friday. I may have to try it some time. Maybe I will on my Laser Restoration after I get my Stick done.

Be careful with the new Zap it is not what it use to be. Used to be nothing but Zap for me. But not anymore. Been using the LOCTITE stuff and it has been good. My LHS has been bringing in CA from somebody and bottling it and it is great. He did this because what he was getting was bad he said.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
If you are building an AMR stick then I would recommend that you use epoxy or wood glue for the fuse it is all light ply and ca does not work the greatest. Just a suggestion. I just finished building there stick 85.