• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Scale 50% Dalotel 165

Light in instrument , lit up , looks good not scale in appearance , and 3D printed spinner final coat of paint, I'm pleased

Attachments

• Pilot light in panel.JPG
    Pilot light in panel.JPG
    101.8 KB · Views: 285
  • Pilot light in panel B.JPG
    Pilot light in panel B.JPG
    99.2 KB · Views: 334
  • akg.JPG
    akg.JPG
    84.9 KB · Views: 259

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
throw back sometime ago, a hot rod theme 52% Edge
Talk about hot rod...whoa! I will take me one of those please. LOL
shocked-smiley-emoticon.gif

Now your talking!!!! I know a couple of us who would probably sell a kidney for that :laughing:.
and a bladder, and a liver and a lung and a heart and a.....Ah hell, lets just sell the whole damn worn out body for one huh?

That is really nicely done I like that. By the way never seen that engine before who made it that looks good.
The engine is a 300cc 4 cylinder two cycle, Evo from Spain. This is the same engine I have in the Dalotel pending the new engine.
For the hotrod theme, I installed the engine with carbs on top, and made the red aluminum balls (not for flying of course) then I made the top exhaust collector out of square tubing, and machined the top part to give it a bit of a valve cover look, , same with the ignition modules, just a cover for some flair lol, my brother did the cowling top with the airbrush, It was a fun project

Today spent about 5 hours in the shop working on the airplane, but barely anything to show for it, just wiring , and more wiring and more wiring, also changed the linkage between the two servos for the rudder, the rod ends where not satisfactory ,

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
The engine is a 300cc 4 cylinder two cycle, Evo from Spain. This is the same engine I have in the Dalotel pending the new engine.
For the hotrod theme, I installed the engine with carbs on top, and made the red aluminum balls (not for flying of course) then I made the top exhaust collector out of square tubing, and machined the top part to give it a bit of a valve cover look, , same with the ignition modules, just a cover for some flair lol, my brother did the cowling top with the airbrush, It was a fun project
I can imagine how much fun that project would have been to do. Kudo's to you and your bro. I think it looks totally bad ass. Just curious... having the engine flipped 180 degrees makes for some awesome exhaust too. Did it perform pretty well? I wouldn't think it would make a diff. if the carbys were up or down.