• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

50 cc Pilatus

Bartman

Defender of the Noob!
that would work! i emailed World about getting a pre-production Porter but that Cub-looking plane would work just as well and I could probably put my BME-102 in it with a little beefing up around the firewall. I've never purchased anything from World Models, are they any good? I saw a 1/3 scale Clipped Wing Cub at Joe Nall that seemed pretty nice.

Does anyone have a contact at Airborne Models out in Livermore, California??

witchfingers

70cc twin V2
My brother has the 1/3 clipped wing in blue. Absolutely flies stellar. There are some wing fastening mods that make it assemble easier and the landing gear needs a tack weld, other than that and cheesy covering they are awesome.

witchfingers

70cc twin V2
Oh, and when you unbox it, take the wheels they provide and throw them in the trash. The fill valves dont work and if they did, they probably wouldnt hold air.

Bartman

Defender of the Noob!
Dave Sullivan, I couldn't remember his name, he had his at Nall this past year, he was hovering and flying the wheels along the surface of the lake, it looked great and he was obviously having fun with it.

i saw @SupaTim 's video, another way to have a good time with a Cub!

i've got my own idea but i've got to come up with the right airframe to get it going. ;)