• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

48" EPP Yak

Kit arrived today, the airframe is together, so far it is awesome.

Suggested one errata item for the 3DHS website - the recommended 12 inch and 4 inch servo extensions are too short for the longer Yak.

Overall, though,this thing is awesome.

Turnerm

50cc
Kit arrived today, the airframe is together, so far it is awesome.

Suggested one errata item for the 3DHS website - the recommended 12 inch and 4 inch servo extensions are too short for the longer Yak.

Overall, though,this thing is awesome.

Have you flown it already?? Glad you got it so quickly. I found that these EPP full fuse planes go together very nicely.

It's not quite done yet. All surfaces in place, servos in place, need to get battery retention set, and install pushrods.

Weather looks poor for tomorrow, so maiden probably won't be until Wednesday.

Turnerm

50cc
It's not quite done yet. All surfaces in place, servos in place, need to get battery retention set, and install pushrods.

Weather looks poor for tomorrow, so maiden probably won't be until Wednesday.

Awesome. Let us know how it goes. I love mine!! One quick tip... If you like to do blenders then use very little throttle and this plane will spin like mad. My balsa planes like a little throttle so when I first tried them with the EPP Yak it kept flattening out. Eased off the throttle and BAM!

Turnerm

50cc
Good to hear. It will handle a fair amount of wind JUST fine but with what you guys have down your way... I wouldn't venture out either! Stay safe and dry!

djmoose

70cc twin V2
Bivens let me fly his a bunch at the Ohio Huckfest and I fell in love. (and then brought one home with me)