• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

48" and 78" Extra 300

Suds

50cc
I'd imagine that a 12s setup with a Motrolfly 4330-195kv with a 21x10 prop would put a smile on your face.
I'm running the 4330-206kv on 12s with a 20x9 on a slightly smaller and lighter AJ Laser 73". I might try the 21x8 prop but not certain I want to sacrifice the speed.
Savox 1270 servos would be my choice on the 78" Extra.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bushwacker

3DRCF Moderator
[MENTION=3218]Suds[/MENTION] WoW man we are kinda on the same page so far for setup options. I have heard a lot of good things about those servos. What ESC are you running with the Motrolfly?

Suds

50cc
[MENTION=3218]Suds[/MENTION] WoW man we are kinda on the same page so far for setup options. I have heard a lot of good things about those servos. What ESC are you running with the Motrolfly?

I'm using an older Castle Phoenix HV85 with the Castle cap pack. I'm not running the Savox 1270 servos on the AJL but 1267s on the wings and 1268s on the tail but I'd go with the 1270s for the 78"er.

3dmike

640cc Uber Pimp
We should setup a PNW meet in the middle fly day for all the guys in Oregon and Washington!

Bushwacker

3DRCF Moderator
Well we need to figure out the geolocation of everyone that wants to go then our flying needs and pick date.
Would be a lot of fun...IMO

PNW?

Doc Austin

70cc twin V2
Well we need to figure out the geolocation of everyone that wants to go then our flying needs and pick date.
Would be a lot of fun...IMO

PNW?

We are trying to put together an Extreme Flight fly-in (though everyone would be welcome) at Mid Florida RC club near Lakeland, on the Fantasy Of Flight property. The club is ready to go whenever we are. I just need someone to handle the organization and promotion.