• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

3DHS 42" slick

3dplank

70cc twin V2
42" AJ SLICK updated version Now with new color schemes, carbon fiber landing gear mount, and one-piece heavy-duty carbon landing gear.

Based on the new, full-size aerobatic Slick 360/540 Andrew Jesky's 42" AJ Slick raises the bar for parkflyer precision/3D aircraft. Featuring all of the 3DHobbyShop construction innovations, like a pre-assembled heavy-duty motor box with pre-drilled and pre-nutted firewall, heavy-duty carbon wing spar, thumb-screw wing attachment, aluminum wheel axles and collars, latching canopy hatch with pre-installed canopy - the 42" Slick ARF will get you in the air quickly and easily. Removable wings make for easy transport while the stiff carbon wing tube withstands the very high G-loading of extreme aerobatics.

Andrew gave the Slick his personal airfoil design, which provides no-rock harrier performance AND great precision in snapping maneuvers. Stability, stability, stability is what the design provides, locking into knife-edge flight without any wandering and handling crosswind conditions better than you'll believe. All the much-loved characteristics of the 51", 71", and 89" AJ Slicks are here in this 42" version Specs:
Wingspan: 42"
Length: 38"
Weight: 30-36oz
Wing Area: 375 sq in

Required Equipment
Motors: Omega 103g1030KV w/12x6 prop Recommended
Hacker A30-16M w/11x5.5 prop
Omega 72g1100KV w/ 11x5.5 prop

ESC:
Hacker X40
Airboss 45
Castle Ice Lite 50

Battery:
3S Lipo 1500-2100mah

Servos:
Hitec HS-65MG Recommended
Hitec HS-65HB
Hitec HS-45HB

Servo extensions:
1 x 12" servo extensions
1 x 6" servo extension
2 x 4" servo extensions

link to manual http://www.3dhobbyshop.com/assets/images/3DH-42SLICK/3DH-42SLICK-Manual.pdf 42slick.jpg

St3v3

30cc
Likewise, my second one got damaged at the weekend, the motor mounting bolts had worked loose, as I flew by I heard a weird noise and lost all power, unfortunately I wasn't able to gain any real control and it had a rough landing, the motor had sheared away from the x-mount.

I was waiting for a mb kit to repair the other one, but looking at them both I think I'll be better off making one good one up out of the 2 broken ones.

Aaeolien

70cc twin V2
Mine is coming along. Looks like I need longer rudder servo arm. Damn dx6i and its 125 travel adjust. Lol. Only getting 40 degrees on the rudder. Not ideal but close. Elevator fine and I'm sure ailerons will be ok. That's up next. May just fly it as is for now since I think I may buy a dx8 next month. Getting closer to finishing this thing.

ABLEC6

New to GSN!
3DHS recommends the Omega 130g motor w a 12x6 but also lists the Hacker A30-16M on 11x5.5 prop. I'm a tried & true Hacker fanatic, but want the best setup possible of course. Does the prop difference say anything about the motor's performance? Does the Hacker have less torque so you compensate by propping up? Is there a huge weight difference and should I take that into consideration on a plane this small?

Thanks! I'm looking forward to a fun spring & summer! Fly Low!

joshgluck

100cc
Arggh.. Trying to decide which packs to buy. I was going to do 3s2200 and saw a bunch of folks say they are too heavy so I am thinking of dialing it back to 3s1800mah. Attracted to Sky Lipo or Glacier.. TP and Gens Ace seem to be too pricey to me especially if I am buying 4-6 packs.

Thoughts? Is HobbyPartz ok to deal with just for a few batteries? Right now, leaning towards Glacier from EPBuddy on the 30c packs.

Aaeolien

70cc twin V2
Yah 3s 1800 seems perfect. That's what I have been flying on mine in its first flights. I have some 2200s for my bigger edge that I am going to try at some point, but very happy with the 1800s. I am using the glaciers from epbuddy and they perform really really well.