• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

35 Sbach Scratchbuild

abaser

50cc
I've got a current build going on, but I see a lot of interest here is in bigger gassers and electrics instead of the smaller glows. I'm just not ready for that jump yet, financially or ability wise. So, if there's interest, I'll do a recap of my progress up to the current point.

Here's where I'm at currently.

Attachments

• IMG_20130804_180907_844.jpg
    IMG_20130804_180907_844.jpg
    411.6 KB · Views: 424

gyro

GSN Contributor
If it's an airplane, we're happy to read it! Not everyone wants to, or can fly the big gassers. Wish you great luck with the rest of your build either way!

abaser

50cc
Thanks gyro. Would this be the right sub forum to put the build? Or should I move it somewhere else?

3DMad5

50cc
I'd like to see a build log! The SBach is one of my favourite planes and I've considered doing something like this but never got around to it.

njswede

150cc
I've got a current build going on, but I see a lot of interest here is in bigger gassers and electrics instead of the smaller glows. I'm just not ready for that jump yet, financially or ability wise. So, if there's interest, I'll do a recap of my progress up to the current point.

Here's where I'm at currently.

There's definitely interest! It looks like that plane would fly very nice. Probably a good "low and slow" flyer. I personally have no experience with scratch builds, so I would love to learn more about what goes into it. Keep going!!!

abaser

50cc
Just getting started. This is an Sbach 35 stick build. Its all cut and glue over the plans. Its my first experience, and I've gotta say, its went pretty well thus far. Here, I've finished the ailerons and started the fuselage and elevator. As you can see, its got a tube in the fuselage that really helps the structure support. Until this was glued, I was very apprehensive of the strength. Now that it is in, it feels rock solid.

A little info on it:
Wingspan 33"
Length from nose to rudder tip 45"
Claimed weight: 2.5-3.5 lbs (sorry,I have no way to accurately measure mine)
Power: 35-40 2c glow (I'll be using an OS 40 fp with a 11x4 prop)
All balsa with light ply sides on fuselage front
Control throws: I believe 45 degrees on aileron and elevator, 50 degrees on rudder
Servos: power hd1711 mg on controls, hs65 on throttle
Radio: Futaba 8fu with FrSky 2.4 module

Hope you enjoy the recap as I can post it.

Attachments

• IMG_20130402_224339_024.jpg
    IMG_20130402_224339_024.jpg
    124.9 KB · Views: 277