Welcome To GiantScaleNews.com

GSN is the BEST in an RC online community. Less corporate BS and more down home fun. Better conversations with REAL RC'ers. Don't settle for the biggest when you can have the best!
  1. If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Help! 33% Pilot Yak 54 CG?

Discussion in 'Giant / Scale RC General Discussions' started by Raven, Jun 23, 2017.

1. I have recently aquired a 33% Pilot Yak 54 with a zdz 80. I am curious as the the cg location on this plane. I have yet to fly it but its current cg is sitting just on the forward part of the wing tube. I am looking to do some 3d type stuff with it and think it should be near the backside of the wing tube. Can anyone confirm this as i cannot find a manual anywhere for this particular model

2. Jetpainter

Jetpainter 640cc Uber Pimp

There should be a CG inside the airplane, if not here is the link for the Pilots generic instructions that have CG's listed for various models. http://pilot-rc.com/Upload/201402190642.pdf

Should be 183mm from the leading edge for the 87" and 225mm for the 107" if I'm reading it correctly. What's the span on yours?

Yakman likes this.
  3. 97" wingspan. Not listed anywhere on the site. Too old i guess.

4. Xpress

Xpress GSN Sponsor Tier 1

Are you sure it's 97" and not 107" A 33% Yak 54 is technically ~107".

5. Im sure it is a 97". I have measured wingtip to wingtip. A google search for 33% pilot yak 54 shows it is 97".

6. Xpress

Xpress GSN Sponsor Tier 1

If all else fails, email Tony at Pilot and he can tell you where the CG is.

7. Jetpainter

Jetpainter 640cc Uber Pimp

Yeah the 33% was for an 85cc. I didn't realize Pilot made one, I knew Aeroworks did.

8. Alpha20

Alpha20 50cc

Awesome plane. Had one with a 3W 80. Don`t remember how much, but I know I had the CG behind the wing tube.
    Edit; come to think about it.. Mine was a SD Yak 33%. Same plane?

Jetpainter likes this.
  9. kalinda090

kalinda090 New to GSN!

America
    I have no idea of it.