• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

32'' Extra Slick

hone

150cc
The 32'' Extra slick is one great plane. It is extremely precise for a foamy, many saying it flies like it's on rails. I love that you can do crazy 3d maneuvers right in your own driveway anytime you want and not to mention the awesome scheme. Also, just like the rest of the TH line, the Extra Slick can take a beating and still fly like new :D Here is a link to the Extra Slick and some videos....Everyone should have one of these http://twistedhobbys.com/TH-32-EPP-Extra-Slick-RCF-TH-Extra-Slick-32.htm

[video=youtube;0iq85yvwRiI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0iq85yvwRiI&feature=player_embedded[/video]

[video=youtube;NjVLQs3UKs8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NjVLQs3UKs8&feature=player_embedded[/video]

And here is a video of a 3d noob(myself) throwing it around on 3s [video=youtube;1Nck9DSiSag]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Nck9DSiSag&feature=plcp[/video]

DSC_0105.jpg

A little Slick action from this morning.

I LOVE this airplane :)

hone

150cc
I just came in from flying the Extra Slick . The LEDs from twisted hobbys work super good for orientation when night flying. They have 2 blue LEDs and 2 White LEDs. I put white on top and blue on bottom but it can be setup either way.
I was showing my cousin the plane and he was loving it. I'm going to let him fly it tomorrow when the sun is out :sunny: These planes are soo durable that all i need to do is lower the rates and bring a few extra props and i'll have him flying circuits in a few batteries.
This plane is really the best foamy i've flown, it is super snappy, smooth, and precise. When i do inverted harriers it feels like i'm flying my balsa plane, it's a great practice tool for inverted harriers.. I was using 2s tonight and it really floats around. I've been using 3s for a while and i forgot how nice it flew on 2s. 3s is so wild i feel like i'm flying a mini Extreme Flight EXP, I like that :D 2s is a little better for night flying though because it can really get moving on 3s. I had a blast flying this thing tonight, it's probably been almost 2 months since i've flown it. Whoever wins the November giveaway will be super happy with the plane, I know i am. It's going to be getting a lot more love soon. I've neglected it for too long :p

Vintauri

50cc
I picked one up at the Black Friday sale. It's almost together and I hope to put a few flights on it this weekend. I'm still waiting for a few more packs to come in for extended flying sessions. I'll be building my second Crack Pitts after I get this one done. Love these planes!

Steve

morefuel

New to GSN!
How do they compare to say one of the 3dhs balsa slicks? Would it make a good practice plane. It looks like it flies very nice. Guess the only way to tell is probly to buy one and fly it.

gyro

GSN Contributor
How do they compare to say one of the 3dhs balsa slicks? Would it make a good practice plane. It looks like it flies very nice. Guess the only way to tell is probly to buy one and fly it.

I've heard that the TH are the best little EPP foamys available, but comparing one to a 42" Slick isn't really easy, it's like comparing a BMW M3 to an AUDI Q5. Both great cars, but very different.

cwojcik

70cc twin V2
The closest planes to a wood airframe that Twisted offers are the Telink airplanes or the 48" Sbach.

However, for a durable practice plane you can't beat a 32" flat foamie. They give up a little bit of balsa feel (but not necessarily performance), but they are much cheaper, more durable, and portable. You can huck them in a smaller space.