• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

30cc 50cc Ultimate 20-300 Electric conversion

Bushwacker

3DRCF Moderator
Has anyone heard of or know of anyone converting one of these to electric? If so I would like to get info on that please.

Bloosee

70cc twin V2
Has anyone heard of or know of anyone converting one of these to electric? If so I would like to get info on that please.

I don't think it would be possible for lack of a battery tray, where you gonna put the pack? The 50cc model looks like there might be room for your batteries, that one has a canopy hatch.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bloosee

70cc twin V2
Yep that is the major issue with biplane electric conversions. A club member managed to do an electric conversion on a 100cc Beast but that plane has a huge canopy hatch that opens up much like a monoplane, he is able to get his four 6S 5000's in there, yes that's right 12S 10,000 mah, two in parallel to create the 10,000 size and then series connect those. A whole lotta charging for one flight!

Bushwacker

3DRCF Moderator
Yeah thats a bit much. Not so much the charging time cuz I do have an awesome setup for that, but thats is a crap load of batteries. Of course if you have a lot of those batts I guess it wouldn't be that awful. Would have to have a minimum of 8 batteries. Na wouldn't be worth it to me. I bet it fly's real nice having all that power like right now with no power band to worry about or any of that. Got any vid to watch?

Bloosee

70cc twin V2
Yeah thats a bit much. Not so much the charging time cuz I do have an awesome setup for that, but thats is a crap load of batteries. Of course if you have a lot of those batts I guess it wouldn't be that awful. Would have to have a minimum of 8 batteries. Na wouldn't be worth it to me. I bet it fly's real nice having all that power like right now with no power band to worry about or any of that. Got any vid to watch?

That particular member has batteries coming out his ears! He's been flying large electrics for years so he built up quite collection of 6S 5000 packs AND he just ordered 10 more yesterday during the TP 40% off sale.