• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Scale 20cc Edge 540 Profile “The Glitter”

TonyHallo

150cc
I think the end use would determine to need. If one were making wing skins for a foam core wing then I feel planing would be a good choice, glue all the planed sides down and used the unplaned side for gluing. If cutting slabs 3/8" to make sticks, probably not as important.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
I think the end use would determine to need. If one were making wing skins for a foam core wing then I feel planing would be a good choice, glue all the planed sides down and used the unplaned side for gluing. If cutting slabs 3/8" to make sticks, probably not as important.
This is all going to be cut into sheets 2mm thick for sheeting. 2mm is between 1/16 and 3/32. Just a little thicker than 1/16 which makes it easier to edge glue and work with. Just built a 20cc plane with 1/16 sheeting and it was a bit of pain it works but you have to be so careful not to put your finger through the wing.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Did some cutting today and made two sheets went reasonably well but needed a lot of sanding to get rid of the tooth marks. Going to order a special re-saw blade that is thinner and the off set is less. See how that works.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Hey snoop, have you maddened the 20cc yet? I'd like to know where your CG ended up. Thanks.
The plane is ready but no it has not been flown. Still have to clean up a few things first. But it will be flown soon. Have three planes waiting for maiden flights, the weather for last month has been rain and wind.

BalsaDust

CG.png

Basically where I drew the red dot on my layout for the foamy version of this plane.