• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Scale 20cc Edge 540 Profile “The Glitter”

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Not sure I follow the question there. Could you explain a little more what you meen??
I was thinking of the moments within the wing but moving the leading edge rearward would help the CG. But after looking at the wing design it is not possible at this stage of the build.

BalsaDust

I was thinking of the moments within the wing but moving the leading edge rearward would help the CG. But after looking at the wing design it is not possible at this stage of the build.

I see now. Yeah I would change the location of the wing or play with the moments as it would throw off the ability of this plane to tumble like it does.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Agree with you @BalsaDust build it as is then fly it for the season.

Well tomorrow going to sit down and make a material list for the wing and see what I have or need to buy some wood. And also figure out the wing spar and the build up of the spar.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Going to make the wing spar first. Decided that it will made up of four parts. The bottom short spar will be 1/8 balsa, then 3/16 bass wood spar full length, then 0.007 thick carbon strip , and on top 1/8 balsa full length and will sanded flush with the top of the ribs. Still not sure if I need the carbon but will ponder on it.

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
Going to make the wing spar first. Decided that it will made up of four parts. The bottom short spar will be 1/8 balsa, then 3/16 bass wood spar full length, then 0.007 thick carbon strip , and on top 1/8 balsa full length and will sanded flush with the top of the ribs. Still not sure if I need the carbon but will ponder on it.
Do you plan on flying through tree's? lol

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Have to admit done it once it came out the other side, no wings no stabilizer and no elevator the fuselage was clean and the propeller did not even break.

BalsaDust

Easiest thing for spar if you want carbon and to be simple and the way I have done for every other version of this plane. Just get a piece of square stock that is the right size. Setup your bandsaw to rip it right down the middle. Then glue it all back together with some carbon fiber two between it. Works awesome.