• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

2014 3DRCForums 3D Freestyle Competition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a suggestion - I wish the competition part of this event was held more inland.

It is a loong drive from MN to NJ.
I would really like it if you would consider moving the contest at least around Ohio, makes it much more convenient for anyone not living on the East coast, I'm sure there would be a better turnout.
I know myself and several others would attend!!
Thanks!
Alex

gyro

GSN Contributor
Just a suggestion - I wish the competition part of this event was held more inland.

I would really like it if you would consider moving the contest at least around Ohio, makes it much more convenient for anyone not living on the East coast, I'm sure there would be a better turnout.
Thanks!
Alex

Would be great if we had more than one maybe regional events w a central final qualifies showdown?

We've talked about some regional competitions, but it's hard to have a final one as many can't drive as far.

We're still exploring multiple options for next year, and are looking for a new title and some associate sponsors.

wedoitall

Thanks!
Alex

I'd have to agree with this. Something in the middle for the majority

Well this is the only "major" 3D event on the East Coast and there are MANY mid country events. To go to the King 50, for example is like a 12 hour drive for me to Ohio. Population density wise, NJ is pretty central actually to get a large crowd. I went to the NJ and AR FLIs, and NJ was much better attended. 3DHS is not too far away and because of said population density part of the reason they moved.

RC Girl

70cc twin V2
Well k50 and the 3drcf38 and completely different.. I think the TN FLI would be a good place for this comp. the field is a lot more open too..

joshgluck

100cc
Well this is the only "major" 3D event on the East Coast and there are MANY mid country events. To go to the King 50, for example is like a 12 hour drive for me to Ohio. Population density wise, NJ is pretty central actually to get a large crowd. I went to the NJ and AR FLIs, and NJ was much better attended. 3DHS is not too far away and because of said population density part of the reason they moved.

Well said...

I enjoy my next day shipping via US ground from Noll to Nyc ;-) too

Move to nj peoples ya know its the garden state... Mind the deer or they mind you

gyro

GSN Contributor
** The 3DRCForums 38! **

It is unlikely this event will occur in conjunction with a FLI like last year. Sorry :(

It will most likely be the centerpiece of its own 3-day event, and also more centrally located.

While Matt makes a good point about the East Coast's population density, I don't think that corresponds with "pilot density" :)

RC Girl

70cc twin V2
I think itd be cool if there were like two competitions, one like this year and another one but for 50cc size planes

Status
Not open for further replies.