• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

1st Annual Big Bird Spring Fling March 21-23, 2014 El Dorado, AR

spin

New to GSN!
MAR 21-23--El Dorado, AR (C) 1st Annual Big Bird Spring Fling: Site: Kenneth Makepeace Field 736 Industrial Rd. GPS Coordinates: 33.208245, -92.616261 Events: Sponsor: Model Aviators of South Arkansas #3185. CD: Jason Cunningham, Phone: 870-814-6005 E-Mail: jcunningham50@hotmail.com 1st Annual Big Bird Spring Fling. Landing fee $25 for both days, Pilot registration 9am. Free lunch for registered pilots. Raffle Prizes including a (3DHS) Bigfoot Plane). AMA required Sanction #14-0227. Pilot's Choice Award, Overnight campers welcome, but no hook-ups, all pilots and the public welcome!

Motels within 2 miles of Field (Hampton Inn 870-862-1800 Holiday Inn Express 870-881-8900 La Quinta Inn 870-863-6677 Comfort Suites 870-863-4300)

Our Big Prize for the 1st Annual Big Bird Spring Fling in El Dorado, AR
84" Bigfoot http://www.3dhobbyshop.com/84-Bigfoo...k_p_16306.html

Attachments

• First Annual Big Bird Spring Fling El Dorado. AR 2014.doc
    102 KB · Views: 493
Last edited by a moderator:

abaser

50cc
Being somewhat new to the hobby, and the fact I've never been to a fly in, this might be a stupid question. Is there a size restriction on models flown? Not that I'd actually fly (my skills aren't sufficient for crowds), just curious.

spin

New to GSN!
How big does my model have to be to be "IMAA Legal"
"Big" can mean size and weight. The size really relates to the wingspan of your model. If it's a monoplane then the minimum wingspan is 80 inches. If a biplane or triplane then it's 60 inches span. Also if your model is a true 1/4 scale plane and the wingspan is under 80 inches then it's also legal. For example a 1/4 scale Extra' comes out at about 76 inch span. It then would be legal. For Jets the combined wingspan and fuselage length has to exceed 140 inches.

Last edited by a moderator:

SnowDog

must have missed something...does it say anywhere that there is a *minimum* size requirement? - is this intended to be a giant scale event? or is that to be assumed from the name "big birds"?

abaser

50cc
must have missed something...does it say anywhere that there is a *minimum* size requirement? - is this intended to be a giant scale event? or is that to be assumed from the name "big birds"?

I honestly just assumed, thus my question.