• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

110" TIMBER Assembly Thread

Which Gas Engine will you use!?!?

• Total voters
@Snoopy1 you can buy the XT-90S that have the spark resistor built in.
View attachment 114866
@FlyingClint thanks for the measurements I really only need two.
View attachment 114865
Here is the 3mm T-Nuts from micro fasteners. Sooooo much more robust.
View attachment 114864

ok, @AKNick I think these are the measurements you needed...

IMG_6171.JPG IMG_6170.JPG

So very close! The second pic needs the little piece that the tailwheel sits under. My design has a gap I fit the OEM bracket into.
For some reason I am having a hard time converting tenths of an inch into mm's, The scale on that caliper has me trippin. :ugh:

Dang it, ok, I was SO CLOSE! ha! Alright, let me get that last one again after I finish editing videos here for our church services...

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
Sorry I know everyone is going to be mad at me but the inch system sucks. It just so much easier in mm. Looking at that calliper with 1/64 is just difficult.
I agree completely, and a dial indicator sucks just as bad versus digital.

BalsaDust

I love a good dial indicator but the 1/64 would drive me crazy. as far as the inch system over the metric I agree the metric system is probably better but after many years in construction SAE is just burned into my brain and it hard sometimes to look at other things.

AKNick

640cc Uber Pimp