• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

3D 100cc PAU Viper

sweetpea

100cc
Well I finally got my PAU Ultimate fixed from the move damage.

So I'm starting the assembly of the PAU Viper ARF (Green Version). Not your normal assembly since I was one of the lucky ones that got the first order so there is no instruction manual. I've put together a few PAU's so it won't be needed.

I'm only going to post some of the big updates as Terry's thread on here already lays out some of the most common things, so my posts will be where I differed mostly.

Setup:
-8611A's all around
-Spektrum AR9000 w/ 2 satellites
-Smart Fly Turbo EQ6 w/optic kill
-BME100 (for right now unless I find a nice 3W110 I can afford) Note: this engine is for my FW190D9 so eventually it will move out of this plane. This engine requires 1.5inch standoffs based on my measurements this weekend. Also has NGK plug conversion and RCEXL ignition.
-Of course Sullivan Skywriter Smoke system
-JR10X with Spektrum module. I have a JR12X but I have not converted over to it yet.

And what build wouldn't be complete without some BLING. So as it comes in I'll post.
Build notes:
-Will be push/pull rudder ( I think the holes are there for it)
-I will be putting in a photo paper dash and Pilot figure (probably the one from across the pond that looks like Red Aero, might make the head move like I did on the Ultimate)
-Sullivan fuel vent nipples (chrome outlets for the vent lines so no protruding tubes etc
-A few screws on the canopy for looks more than function
-Green anodized fuel dot (similar to the 3W version)
-Black/silver H9 smoke fill dot
-JR/Electro dynamics charge switches
-Graphics will be from Kirby's since he is local here in Ohio.
-seacraft alum side servo mount for throttle servo
-LIONs all around (not a fan of other types)
-my own custom extensions
-lights in the dash for the optic kill and ignition

sweetpea

100cc
IMG_20160314_210827640.jpg

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
What type of filler is it?? Looks like something that china has knocked off for quite some time now. Seems like there are about a half dozen knock offs of it now:

Attachments

• Fuel_Dot_V2_4-500x500.jpg
    Fuel_Dot_V2_4-500x500.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 410

sweetpea

100cc
I got mine from amc-rc. A Canada company. TBM was selling them but only had blue left and won't get more. HK is outta stock without backorder ability.

Theses are the same as the 3w fillers without the logo. I have them on on all my planes so I wanted to stay consistent with how I connected my jug. These are straight fuel line connections. Male parts are part of the filler. Quarter works best to unscrew the cap