• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

1/4 scale P40 Warhawk

Blazing Wings

70cc twin V2
Finally I have the molds fo the 1/4 scale P40 Warhawk in 112" wingspan completed. Picture shows two molds of a total of eight. Going to start fabricating kits on pending orders.

Attachments

• 20180627_150212.jpg
    20180627_150212.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 6,363

AKNick

640cc Uber Pimp
Finally I have the molds fo the 1/4 scale P40 Warhawk in 112" wingspan completed. Picture shows two molds of a total of eight. Going to start fabricating kits on pending orders.
Can you give more details of this 112" P-40 please? Do you have a link to this kit? Thanks

Blazing Wings

70cc twin V2
Can you give more details of this 112" P-40 please? Do you have a link to this kit? Thanks

The kit will include:

Primed fiberglass fuselage with center section all in one. Tail section is separate so installation of tail gear is easy.
Aluminum wing tubes for stab and outer wing panels. (Carbon fiber wing tubes on request)
Cowl
canopy
Exhaust stacks
belly hatch for easy access to rc equipment
Foam core wings and stabs (wood for built up on request)
Wood for ailerons, elevator and rudder
Balsa wood blocks for wing tips
Flaps

Optional: robart retracts air or electric can be ordered with kit if required.

Kit price as above US$2500 with foam core wings and stabs, not including carbon fiber parts or retracts.
Made to order only. Shipping not included.

http://www.blazingwings.com/page29.html

For more information and customizing this kit send email to info@blazingwings.com

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
The kit will include:

Primed fiberglass fuselage with center section all in one. Tail section is separate so installation of tail gear is easy.
Aluminum wing tubes for stab and outer wing panels. (Carbon fiber wing tubes on request)
Cowl
canopy
Exhaust stacks
belly hatch for easy access to rc equipment
Foam core wings and stabs (wood for built up on request)
Wood for ailerons, elevator and rudder
Balsa wood blocks for wing tips
Flaps

Optional: robart retracts air or electric can be ordered with kit if required.

Kit price as above US$2500 with foam core wings and stabs, not including carbon fiber parts or retracts.
Made to order only. Shipping not included.

http://www.blazingwings.com/page29.html

For more information and customizing this kit send email to info@blazingwings.com
It is completely likely I will order one. However, I am not much of a foam core wing guy. I would need a price for the build up wings. Shipping cost would also be appreciated. (83642)
And, I would really like to see the quality of a prototype or already assembled airframe. Detail, construction and the like. The more info I have will make the twisted arm behind my back not hurt so much.

Blazing Wings

70cc twin V2
It is completely likely I will order one. However, I am not much of a foam core wing guy. I would need a price for the build up wings. Shipping cost would also be appreciated. (83642)
And, I would really like to see the quality of a prototype or already assembled airframe. Detail, construction and the like. The more info I have will make the twisted arm behind my back not hurt so much.

I will make a few fuselages for customers, and I will post the picture here. Basically it will look just like this in the picture below showing panel lines and rivets. If you want you can email me with your details and I can send you a quote on shipping cost and wood for built up wings. Also I will build one for a customer ready to be painted and will also upload pictures here and on my website. Although this might take a while due to other projects.

Attachments

• DSC07106.JPG
    DSC07106.JPG
    765.1 KB · Views: 1,031

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
I will make a few fuselages for customers, and I will post the picture here. Basically it will look just like this in the picture below showing panel lines and rivets. If you want you can email me with your details and I can send you a quote on shipping cost and wood for built up wings. Also I will build one for a customer ready to be painted and will also upload pictures here and on my website. Although this might take a while due to other projects.
Ok, this I like. So what cost deffriniation would there be for foam core vs. build up? Also, you mention pneumatic or electric gear by Robart. Will any other manufacturers compliment the gear fitment? Or would modifications need to be preformed?

Blazing Wings

70cc twin V2
Foam core or wood same price. Whatever you prefer I will supply. The wood, would be only ribs for outer wing, elevator, rudder, and horizontal stab. As for retracts, century, sierra or Likes Line could have something suitable. I am using Robart because they have the gear already available for this size airplane. Sierra might be able to use what they have and make minor modifications.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Foam core or wood same price. Whatever you prefer I will supply. The wood, would be only ribs for outer wing, elevator, rudder, and horizontal stab. As for retracts, century, sierra or Likes Line could have something suitable. I am using Robart because they have the gear already available for this size airplane. Sierra might be able to use what they have and make minor modifications.
That all sounds fantastic. Thank you for taking the time to answer my questions. There was one other question that I had if you don't mind. What do you feel the anticipated all up weight will be?